Floating Support Worker Immediately Required
Hours: Work on a rota basis (early shifts, late shifts, nights etc.) Double time paid for Christmas and New Year shifts
Rate: Starting salary, £17,495 Increasing to £19,568 after successful probation and a further years’ service
An opening has arisen for immediately available Support Workers for an organisation in East Midlands. This position will require candidates who have previous experience of support individuals with Learning Disabilities and challenging behaviour.
The successful candidate have experience in a similar position and be responsible for:
- Support service users/tenants to express themselves and make informed choices and decisions about their lives in a way that respects their dignity and rights
- Devise and implement individual care and/or support plans with risk assessments that are not risk averse
- Maintaining good health and hygiene, administering medications and personal care e.g. dressing, washing, shaving and going to the toilet
- Carry out or assist in cooking and other domestic/cleaning tasks.
- Follow and review care and/or support plans with the service user and record progress of plans
- Assist in the delivery of support to clients who may present behavioural challenges.
- Key holding including coordinating other shift staff, administering medications and handling money
- Responsibility for safeguarding adults and/or children who have needs for care and support, are experiencing, or are at risk of, abuse or neglect, and as a result of those needs are unable to protect themselves against the abuse or neglect or the risk of it
The successful candidate will have:
- An Enhanced DBS
- Challenging behaviour experience along with training
To discuss this role in more detail and to secure this opportunity, please contact Kim Parsons (Executive Consultant) on 0121 616 0660 or alternatively email email@example.com
At Venn Group we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the volume of applications which we receive this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: If you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations