Rate: £550 per day Umbrella
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: 6 months initially
Location: West Midlands
Our client is currently undergoing a large scale transformation programme aimed at ‘Creating a better future’. They are currently looking to fill an interim role of a Tax Accountant. As a member of the Finance Team within Finance, Governance & Assurance you will support the delivery of the transformation programme in line with the organisation’s vision, values and strategic objectives.
- Responsible to the Strategic Financial Accountant who is in turn responsible for the post holder’s health and safety, training and development
- Responsible for the provision of financial management and reporting for the organisation
- Expected to lead and/or contribute to a range of projects and build relations with both internal and external partners in order achieve specified outcomes, but will not have direct authority over those involved
- Providing strategic advice to senior managers and officers on tax issues
- Supervising of VAT claims and dealing with HM Customs & Excise on all VAT matters
- Co-ordinating the regular update of financial policies, guidance and procedure notes for all employees on the intranet
- To be involved with other comparable duties within the Finance, Governance & Assurance service consistent with the level of the post and, in particular, those that will enable the Division to respond effectively to the changing requirements of the organisation
- VAT experience ideally with a local authority
- Able to respond to complex VAT queries, not just process a VAT return
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, we would love to hear from you. Please apply to receive more information.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.