Team Manager (Children’s Safeguarding)
Rate: £41.42 per hour (Umbrella Inside IR35)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: 6 months initially (likely extensions)
Working pattern: Hybrid
Location: West Midlands
Our client is looking for a Team Manager (Children’s Safeguarding). You would not directly line manage a team but will provide management support to current Team Managers.
In the locality, there are currently three team managers. This is the smallest locality in Walsall but have seen an increase in the number of children being referred in, which is having an impact upon capacity of the current team managers. This role would be providing support as a team manager across both the safeguarding and the duty and assessment team.
- Promote and contribute to the strategic developments for children and their families in Walsall
- Responsible for Senior practitioners, social workers, NQSW’s and trainee Social workers
- Full responsibility for the delivery of services to children, young people, their families and carers
- Make highly complex decisions relating to social service provision for children, young people and families
- Manage allocation of work in accordance of with priorities, ensuring that assessments, care plans and reviews are implemented
- Monitor and review procedures and policies
- Work collaboratively with partner agencies
- Negotiate the provision of services with voluntary and external agencies
- To chair and participate in working groups, task groups, and be fully involved in Service planning, Child Protection Conferences and associated review processes
- Enhanced DBS disclosure
- Social work qualification, BA, MA, CQSW, CSS, DipSW
- HCPC registration
- An awareness and commitment to, equality of opportunity and confidentiality and handling data
- Commitment to a high-quality transparent service to children and their families
- Working knowledge of adult learning theories
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, we would love to hear from you!
Please apply to receive more information.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.