VACANCY – Tenancy Sustainment Officer
Hours: 37.5 hours must be flexible (weekend shifts required)
Venn Group are currently recruiting for an experienced Tenancy Sustainment Officer to be based in Stoke. This opportunity is looking for candidates who have a strong background within supporting tenants to sustain their homes and maximise their income. This role will be in a hostel type setting therefore will require candidates who have experience within supporting clients that are struggling to maintain their tenancies and who are at risk of homelessness.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Effectively work for the efficient turnaround of void properties to ensure a quick re-let: with pre-let and post let checks, ensuring repairs and replacements are completed quickly
- Ensure supported accommodation is available for use in line with local Key performance Indicators
- Oversee and carry out where necessary the basic cleaning and room turnaround tasks to ensure company standards are maintained
- Carry out regular H&S checks as determined by the client group, management agreements and policies
- Co-ordinate tenancy management and rent collection to ensure all housing management income is collected effectively
- Ensure supported accommodation is available for use, ensuring no vacant properties and void turnaround time is minimised
- You will be expected to ensure your relationships with colleagues and external agencies are effective and professional and contribute to the Association’s values, culture and ethos.
- Support and empower residents to maintain cleanliness of communal and personal space in accordance with their tenancy / licence agreement
- Ensure the properties are let to company standards and maintained as such, monitoring properties for damage or abandonment or misuse
- Manage referrals and assess risk ensuring fair access to accommodation in line with specialist selection criteria
- Complete relevant background checks, obtain landlord references, to assess to evidence client application and suitability
- Ensure accurate I.T. and file records are kept on individual tenancies and properties particularly in relation to void management, tenancy sign up, anti-social behaviour, defects, complaints and terminations
- Be available at short notice to interview and start
- Previous experience in a related role
- Enhanced DBS
To discuss this excellent opportunity further, please contact Katie Dugmore on 0121 616 0660, or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org with an up-to-date copy of your CV as soon as possible.
Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you have not received a response within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.