Rates: £18.00ph - £30.00ph
3 month initial contracts initially
Start – ASAP
We are currently working with a Local Government organisation who are needing the interim support of an experienced Town Planner
- Provide information and advice on allocated areas of expertise and makes recommendations on planning applications or other related areas
- Lead on specific planning projects on behalf of the planning service
- Prepare and present evidence or reports
- Provide policy and technical guidance on planning and related matters to participants in the planning process including the public, members, other officers, businesses, other agencies and professions and other local authorities
- Undertake site inspections, surveys, research, consultations, negotiations, and engages in public participation
- A detailed knowledge national and local planning policy
- Awareness of current issues affecting planning national policy and local developments
- Experience in, and ability to specialise in, any of the following areas, Planning policy Development, Conservation and Enforcement/Compliance practice, legislation and guidelines’
- Experience in town planning sufficient to lead on various projects and/or areas of development/change simultaneously
- Experience of negotiating and persuading both internal and external people/bodies to accept changes to their proposals.
Full job description will be available upon request.