Transport Planning Specialist
Vacancy Ref: 7073150
Venn Group are currently recruiting for a Transport Planning Specialist on behalf of a Local Authority in the South West.
The successful candidate will be assigned and lead strategic transportation projects as well as leading and coordinating a range of planning, unblocking, risk management and coordination activities to ensure effective delivery which unlocks growth and development.
Location: South West (Remote)
Duration: 3 months
Rate: £450/day umbrella
IR35 status: Inside IR35
- Developing partnership working, building effective relationships and enhancing the reputation of the Council with stakeholders and partners which include communities, voluntary bodies, private sector and public sector
- Strategy liaison, development and feasibility in relation to the transport projects in order to contribute to the Governments key 'shared' priority areas relating to accessibility, safety, congestion and air pollution and to contribute and support economic, social and environmental objectives
- Successful and consistent achievement in leading the delivery of transport planning and strategy, within a local authority or other organisation of comparable scope and complexity
- Expert knowledge and understanding of legislation, regulations, government policy and best practice relating to transport
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of managing the development of a transport business case and funding bids to external funders for major transport projects and initiatives and managing and delivering funding programmes and grants
To apply for this position, please contact Matt Beynon on 0117 930 8760 and email your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.