Keywords: tribunal, administrator, in-house
Job Title: Tribunal Assistant
Job reference: SDA/333500
Job description: We are recruiting for a well-established in-house organisation in Manchester City Centre, who are looking for a Tribunal Assistant to join them on an initial 6 month placement with possible extension or permanent position moving forward. They require someone to provide administrative support for the work of the Operations section and to the medical practitioners tribunals and interim orders tribunals.
Day to day:
- To assist with duties in connection with the running of hearings, including:
i Assisting with setting up hearing rooms.
ii Providing support to all parties attending hearings.
iii Assisting the tribunal clerk as required, including swearing in of witnesses, arranging photocopying and distribution of documents and keeping all parties informed of the time the tribunal anticipate they will conclude their in camera discussions.
- To assist with the planning of tribunal hearings including updating and circulating tribunal member lists and assisting with the preparation and dispatch of documentation and providing updates on hearing preparation developments via intranet portal.
- To co-ordinate and undertake photocopying of tribunal papers as required.
- To undertake the preparation of Public and Tribunal Hearing Information Sheets, as requested.
- To maintain the tribunal session folders, updating the contents for each hearing and replacing paper items as required.
- To ensure that all administration activities are recorded on the in-house database.
- To support the administration of the Interim Orders Tribunals.
- To ensure hearing rooms are regularly checked, maintained in an orderly state with stationery replenished, and folders are updated with new or revised documentation
- To be responsible for dealing with enquires in writing and by telephone.
- To co-ordinate the offsite storage and retrieval of case papers, including maintaining accurate records.
- To undertake the general administration of the Section, which will include filing, ordering stationery, arranging travel and hotel bookings and diary management as necessary.
- Adopting business improvement principles into the team ethos and contributing to change programmes as they arise.
- In exceptional circumstances, work from locations other than our Manchester hearing centre and during weekends.
- Any other reasonable duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Excellent IT and admin skills are required. The role would suit someone with excellent interpersonal skills and very good admin and IT skills. This role will involve ‘hosting’ tribunal hearings via Skype for Business and other similar applications, and those who get the roles will be expected to work partly from home and partly at our hearing centre in central Manchester for the foreseeable future.
Hourly rate: £18,840 equivalent
Hours per Week: Full time
To discuss this role in more detail please contact Sophie Anderson on email@example.com or by calling on 0161 830 1830.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.