VACANCY – Lead Worker (Homelessness)
Length: Temp – Perm
Hours: 37.5 hours must be flexible (weekend shifts required)
Pay: £10.00 PAYE inclusive
An opportunity has arisen for multiple Floating Lead Workers for a large charity based in Birmingham. This opportunity is looking for candidates who can provide flexible person centred support that is delivered in response to the client’s needs and allows them to maintain accommodation.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Undertake holistic risk and needs assessments within the community on an outreach basis
- Develop support and risk management plans using appropriate assessment tools, such as the Outcome Star
- Ensure a non-judgmental, person – centred approach is undertaken at all times, utilising a variety of approaches to promote engagement
- Work with young people with complex and multiple needs to help them to sustain tenancies and manage their lives better
- Support and encourage young people to engage with learning skills, apprenticeships, traineeships and volunteering opportunities
- Support and encourage young people to develop positive family and other support networks
- Mediate between young people and family/friends to develop positive relationships and increase support networks
- Assist young people to identify and take up settled accommodation and to continue to provide ongoing support to them
- Work with young people and employers to achieve and maintain employment
- Take responsibility for safeguarding the welfare of young people
- Promote and facilitate the participation of young people in their individual support plans and in the management of the service
- Facilitate young people’s access to and take up of both statutory and non-statutory support services, including but not limited to, health, mental-health, and substance misuse services
- Be the vital link between the client and other appropriate services ensuring a co-ordinated response
- Advocate on behalf of young people on issues such as, benefits, housing rights etc.
- Support young people to understand their rights and responsibilities
- Ensure benefit claims are made and maintained in order to maximise young people’s income, provide support with budgeting, debt advice and complete applications for small grants
- Previous experience in a related role
- A full UK drivers’ license and access to a vehicle
- Enhanced DBS
To discuss this excellent opportunity further, please contact Katie Dugmore on 0121 616 0660, or alternatively email email@example.com with an up-to-date copy of your CV as soon as possible.
Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you have not received a response within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.