Venn Group is working with a Local Authority in the South of England to recruit an Interim Digital and Website Manager, to develop and maintain the Council’s corporate internet, intranet and social media sites and any other key digital channels the Council uses.
The Web and Digital Manager will work to deliver web services in partnership with CICT, key external IT delivery partners, Communications, Customer Management, Business Improvement and Directorate colleagues and Members.
The Digital and Website Manager will be responsible for providing advice to senior management and services, supporting digital channel governance arrangements and service development.
This role is inside of IR35.
This role will require office attendance once a week.
Responsibilities in post:
- Prepare and deliver a long-term strategic plan for internet, intranet and social media development and presence, including standards and guidelines for design
- Leadership and management of a team of web content editors and developers, ensuring they are fully supported in achieving their goals and objectives
- Be responsible for editorial control of content for the corporate web site and intranet site, and establish policies and procedures for creating and publishing content
- Prioritise requests for internet, intranet and social media projects, undertaking business case reviews and providing advice on which projects should proceed
- Coordinate and manage the implementation of applicable hardware, software, platforms, publishing tools, and programming languages for the development of intranet, internet and social media architecture in consultation with internal parties and external partners
- Ensure that the website and any independent subsidiaries comply with government standards and legal requirements such as data protection, security and web accessibility
- Ensure a consistent look and feel across the websites, applications, intranets, and other digital channels by promoting a uniform branding strategy in collaboration with Communications
- Conduct research and monitor changing customer preferences in the use of current and emerging digital technologies and issues
- Contract manage suppliers associated with internet, intranet and social media architecture for the council and as required
- Attend Customer Services management meetings and act as the Council’s internet, intranet and social media advisor
Experience and skills:
- Demonstrable experience of managing and developing websites and intranets
- Ability to contribute to and lead inter-disciplinary teams and to supervise other staff
- Good understanding of accessibility and operability issues
- Knowledge of the public sector, the workings of local government and e-government initiatives
If you would like more information about the role, please contact Lisa Subhash, Sara Panti or Ethan Weatherby