Young Persons Support Worker Vacancy waiting to be filled
Venn Group have been approached by a support organisation and would like to introduce the following position available
Position: Young Persons Support Worker
Rate: £13.90 PAYE inc holiday pay
Length: 4 months minimum
Hours: 35 hours p/week between 9-5 – no weekend work
The role will predominantly involve:
- To liaise with the Local Authority Housing Team around applications and informing Young Persons Housing Team and the applicant of decision – accept, defer or decline.
- To undertake a comprehensive assessment for each client in terms of support needs and risk and gather appropriate information from other service providers as required.
- To ensure that applicants and new residents understand their licence agreement and support them to sustain their licence
- To support clients to maximise their income
- To assist residents to move on to suitable accommodation
- To manage, coach and guide a caseload of circa 12 residents in a strengths-based approach
- To meet with residents on a regular basis in line with MSV Policies and Procedures and to update contact notes; support plans and individual risk assessments in a timely manner so that information is up to date and available if required.
- To undertake health and safety duties as required; including undertaking flat inspections; monitor the condition of all communal areas; reporting any repairs required and to participate in any fire safety and evacuation procedures.
The successful candidate must have an Enhanced DBS
To find out more about this role or to apply please contact Kiera Power on 0161 830 1830 or alternatively reply to this email with your up to date CV.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: if you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations.