An exciting new opportunity has arisen to work with an established Local Authority in the West Midlands as an Accountant on an interim basis.
The client is looking for someone to support the Finance Manager in delivering key corporate financial requirements throughout the financial cycle including budget setting, forecasting and final accounts.
- To provide accurate and timely information to Members, Directors, senior and service area managers and other finance staff
- Apply technical expertise/professional analysis to high level problem resolution to guide the Council
- Interpret and comply with financial regulations, other financial guidance and requirements
- Contribute to the development of financially related policies and procedures to improve quality of service delivery
- Use other sources of information/knowledge/expertise as required to deliver objectives and ensure own technical Knowledge is up-to-date.
- Contribute to supporting and improving the Council’s budget setting, monitoring and final accounts processes, including the Council’s long- term financial planning
- Deliver the tasks agreed annually in your performance agreement and make most effective use of own available time.
- Prepare financial reports, statements and spreadsheets
- Exchange orally or in writing varied and complex information with a range of audiences
- Knowledge and development of financial coding structure
- Fully qualified Accountant (Current Member of CCAB or CIMA)
- Experience working within a Local Government would be desirable
Duration: 3 month contract on-going with very likely extension
Start date: ASAP
Rate: £17 - £23 per hour Umbrella - Negotiable depending on experience
For more information on this or other Local Gov Jobs, please in the first instance email your CV to Bella Thornton or Hannah Fritz-Lewis on the Midlands Local Gov Team at email@example.com or call 0121 616 0681 at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 616 0681 at email@example.com or call 0121 616 0681 at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 616 0681
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.
Please note should this position not be applicable to you and you are currently looking for a new role, Venn Group recruit across the board within Local Government so send across your updated CV the Midlands Local Gov Team