Area Housing Manager: £50,000/annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to lead a neighbourhood management team in the East Midlands as the Area Housing Manager. You will have overall responsibility for delivering the contract specification on behalf of two housing cooperatives within a predominantly Gujarati speaking community.
Services include, but not limited to: general tenancy management, dealing with anti-social behaviour, undertaking estate inspections, operating a frontline reception service, void management, income recovery support, repairs and maintenance, tenancy checks and fraud investigations.
To deliver a full range of housing and related services and take full responsibility for the quality, responsiveness and financial performance of the contract, ensuring that the service is continuously improved, and the specification met and exceeded.
Client and resident relationships
- Develop effective relationships with the cooperative boards, residents, and contractors to identify ways service can be improved and extended
- Develop a visible and proactive management style, maximising tenant involvement – attend Board Meetings and sub-committees as required (usually evenings)
- To have a regular, productive dialogue with the client at the appropriate level to ensure that problem/concerns are addressed promptly and escalated when required. To gain the confidence of the client and to ensure they have a positive opinion of the services that we provide.
- Manage service to minimise cost by identifying savings and value for money initiatives.
- Ensure good financial control of contract budget.
Service delivery and development
- Develop approaches, systems and practices which ensure the service meets the contract specification – take action and develop initiatives to solve problems and beat the specification at every opportunity
- Ensure that equality is a key consideration and that the concept of equality is fully integrated into practices and procedures relating to service delivery
- Ultimate responsibility for the health and safety of all staff, visitors and contractors to your site(s)
For more information regarding this position, please contact Stuart Birt on 0121 616 0682 or email email@example.com