Venn Group is recruiting for an Assistant Accountant on behalf of a prestigious company in Birmingham on a 12 month contract with the potential for a permanent position.
This role would be ideal for an enthusiastic self starter who is adaptable and has the ability to pick things up quickly.
Key duties will include:
- Preparing and posting of transactions to the General Ledger
- Completing balance sheet reconciliations
- Analysing current/cumulative performance compared to budget/forecast
- Working closely with the Finance Manager ensuring accurate recording of financial transactions
- Supporting ad-hoc financial reporting, forecasting and budgets
Qualifications and experience required for the role:
- Partly qualified ACCA, ACA or CIMA would be desirable
- Competent use of Excel including VLookups and pivot tables
- The ability to carry out reconciliations and journals competently
- Experience in a large complex organisations would be useful
- SAP experience would be beneficial
If you feel this role would be suited for you, please apply for this role online or call Venn Group Birmingham, asking for Kyran Sidhu or Pippa Davis.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.