Venn Group is recruiting for a permanent Assistant Accountant position for a large, established client based in Birmingham who can offer first class career progression and continuous opportunities for employees to expand their knowledge.
Duties will include:
- Preparing statutory accounts and year end audit
- Producing journals and reconciliations to a high standard
- Liaising with non-finance individuals to answer auditors’ queries
- Assisting with the month end process, including producing management accounts
- Managing balance sheet reconciliations and insuring compliance to internal controls
The ideal candidate will:
- Be either part qualified (ACCA, CIMA, ACA) or qualified Accountant
- Hold experience in producing either financial accounts or management accounts
- Possess excellent excel skills (pivot tables and Vlookups)
- Have a working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP (desirable)
- Track record of working to tight deadlines and work with a sense of urgency
- SAP knowledge (desirable)
If this role is of interest to you then please apply online, or call Luke Grant on 0121 616 0660 to discuss further details.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.