Venn Group are currently working with an NHS organisation in the North West to recruit an Assistant Clinical Business/Operational Manager, on an initial 3 month contract, with potential for it being extended a further 6 months.
Our client is looking for someone to provide day to day operational management support, focused on building upon and delivering a better quality of care to patients. This position is an opportunity to work with a team of motivated clinical leaders who are at the forefront of clinical services, for the Medicine division.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the patient pathways within the Speciality units ensuring that all operational performance targets are monitored, tracked and delivered. In doing so, they provide leadership to, and management of, the performance and capacity teams.
The post holder will work in line with the Trust’s corporate objectives and will be expected to make a positive contribution to the provision of health services.
The post holder will be expected to work in line with the Trust values and behave in a manner that facilitates the development of autonomous teams and individuals that are empowered, engaged and committed to continually delivering excellent care with compassion.
- Supporting the Clinical Business Manager in the day to day operational services of Clinical Business Unit.
- To provide management and clear leadership within the Clinical Business Unit, including line management responsibility to Office Manager within the Clinical Business Unit.
- Supporting the Clinical Leads, Lead Clinicians, Senior Managers and Matrons in achieving the aims of the Clinical Business Unit.
- Monitoring out-patient activity in all related services.
- Supporting the Clinical Business Manager with the delivery of key performance targets.
- To be responsible for the recruitment, selection and appointment of clerical staff (excluding medical)
- To assist in the development and implementation of policies within the Business Unit.
- To support the service planning process to deliver the Operating Framework and other national initiatives on behalf of the Clinical Business Unit.
- In the absence of the Clinical Business Manager, respond to Clinical Business Unit issues.
- Adhere to the NHS Code of Conduct for Managers.
- Assist in the investigation and prepare responses to complaints in conjunction with the Clinical Business Manager and Matron providing a monthly report which analyses key trends.
You will be able to demonstrate professional and technical skills relating to senior operational NHS management, and will also have highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
If you would like to discuss this role further or any other operational management positions then please do not hesitate to contact Patrick on the North West Corporate Functions Team on 0161 830 1830 or alternatively on email@example.com
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.