We are currently working with an established public Local Government organisation who are looking for the interim support of an experienced Building Control Surveyor
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 3 month initial contract with likely extensions
Rate: May be negotiable depending on experience
You will assist in the protection of health and safety by the assessment of building work and the requirement of any necessary changes to ensure compliance with the Building Regulations and associated legislation. You will have responsibility to enforce the relevant requirements of the Building Regulations which make provision of access to and facilities in buildings for disabled persons.
- To examine deposited plans to ensure that proposed work satisfies the relevant requirements
- To carry out site visits to ensure that building work is carried out in accordance with the requirements of the Building Act and other relevant legislation
- To visit sites, make reports and take action in relation to dangerous structures and demolition sites
- To undertake enforcement procedures in relation to building work not in compliance with legal requirements
- To examine plans and make visits to sports grounds which are subject to the Sports Grounds Act and to check temporary stands used in connection with sports and entertainments
- To give advice and architects, engineers and the general public regarding Building Control requirements and to liaise with Fire Service, Severn Trent, Environment Agency, Licensing Magistrates and other internal / external agencies
- To maintain adequate and relevant records of all sites visited in accordance with stated procedures
Please note: A HNC (Building Construction) or relevant degree (Building Control or Building Surveying) is required and to be fully or partly qualified RICS
For more information on this or other Local Gov Jobs, please in the first instance email your CV to the Midlands Local Gov Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 616 0660
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.
Please note should this position not be applicable to you and you are currently looking for a new role, Venn Group recruit across the board within Local Government so send across your updated CV the Midlands Local Gov Team