Buyer / Warwickshire / £100-150 per day
Venn Group is currently recruiting for a Buyer, on an initial 6 month contract for a large Manufacturing company in Warwickshire
- To provide a full time, professional, effective and efficient procurement service to the Purchasing and Logistics function.
- Develop and maintain a close understanding and up to date knowledge of material and plant hire markets, products and suppliers.
- Responsible for communicating between Site Supervisors and suppliers to ensure
- Ensure the delivery of goods is in a timely manner and within budget.
- To follow the Contracts Programme and ensure timely provision of specified equipment and supplies for projects.
- Be able to adapt quickly and efficiently to programme requirements.
- Ensure arrangements are in place to transport rig and site equipment between sites.
- Appraise potential suppliers and expedite the quality assurance of them.
- Negotiate on price ethically and appropriately.
- Appraise and select suppliers from approved suppliers list
- Progress the delivery of orders resolving any discrepancies with suppliers and to
- Manage invoice queries as appropriate whilst maintaining and adhering to internal
The ideal candidate will be:
- Educated to A-Level standard, CIPS Level 4 Qualified, or proven experience in a purchasing environment
- Have previous experience in a construction/ manufacturing purchasing environment or exposure to the construction industry.
- Willing to study towards CIPS Qualifications, as necessary
- Able to work self-sufficiently with supervision as required
- Possess good negotiating skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing demands of the role, and able to carry out duties not part of the normal remit on occasion.
To apply for this position, please forward an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or contact Daniel Sharp on 0121 616 0682
Should this e-mail reach you and it is not applicable but you are looking for work, please forward your CV and it will be passed to the relevant team.