My client is a marketing leading business services provider, and due to company growth is looking to recruit an experienced Cash & Banking Team Leader on a permanent basis.
- Manage the Non Retail Cash and Banking team, ensuring the recruitment, induction, performance review and performance management of colleagues is carried out effectively and in accordance with Society policies.
- Manage the team by monitoring against kpis and targets.
- Ensure that all the relevant Society bank accounts, sales ledgers, control accounts and balance sheet accounts are accurately maintained and reconciled. Ensure discrepancies are followed up and promptly corrected.
- Support the team to ensure that all cash statements and supporting documentation is received, checked and outlets contacted where information is missing.
- Ensure that electronic or manual cash statements balance and are imported or keyed into the finance system.
- Investigate any unusual values, raise queries with trading branches and support groups.
- Support the team with the preparation and posting of journals to resolve incorrect entries.
- Ensure all payments are sent in accordance with agreed controls and SLA’s.
- Calculate the monthly interest charges for bank loans, hedging arrangements, investments and bank charges and prepare accruals for the monthly management accounts. Complete associated balance sheet reconciliations.
- Produce daily cash flow and estimated current closing balance to enable maximum available cash to be invested in the high interest overnight account. Monitor bank accounts to ensure funds are moved to interest bearing accounts and debit card accounts to maximise interest earned and minimise debit interest and to ensure debit cards are available for business use.
- Produce weekly bank deposits and interest summary report updating amounts invested, terms and interest rates.
- Prepare finance income and expense statutory notes for the year end Group statutory accounts
- Drive efficiencies and increase controls within all processes, supporting the Transactional Finance Manager in researching and imbedding best practice and optimising the use of technology.
- Ensure the Department adheres strictly to Society controls, policies and procedures.
- Identify and implement ways the area can be run more cost effectively.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience leading a Finance team
- Strong MS Excel skills
To apply for this role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org