Venn Group are currently recruiting for a Childcare Lawyer to work on a contracted basis at a London based Local Authority. The role is for an initial 3 months with the view to extend subject to the review of work.
The post holder will be required to undertake all work including, inter alia, the settling of pleadings, preparation for hearings, and provision of advice and representation of the Council in Court.
The successful candidate will also be expected to:
- Provide expert legal advice in relation to children’s law and data protection, Freedom of Information Act requests and other areas of law as may be required
- Manage own caseload of around 8 casefiles
- Handle hearings with some advocacy surrounding initial hearings and CMH
- Conduct straight forward and complex childcare and adoption proceedings including evaluation of evidence, case preparation and advocacy
- Assist the Head of Legal (Social Care and Education) in identifying the training needs of clients in the fields of social care and education and to participate in the provision of appropriate training for those clients
The Council can offer:
- 35 hours per week
- Immediate start with one round video/telephone interview
- Remote working (COVID-19) following this office presence required
- Busy and exciting legal service with advantage for growth
- 3-month contract with the likelihood of an extension
All applicants must be a qualified solicitor/barrister/legal executive with a current practising certificate.
Due to the high number of applicants for this role, if you do not hear back from us regarding this locum opportunity within seven days then you have not been shortlisted for this vacancy.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.
If you or anyone you know may be interested in this locum position or other legal positions, then please contact Suborna Akthar on 020 7557 7667 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.