An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Contracts and Procurement Lawyer to join a local authority in the East Anglia. This is a locum position for at least 8 months but is likely to continue beyond this initial period.
The ideal candidate will be a Qualified Lawyer and Commercial Contracts and Procurement specialist with a background dealing with Local Authority contracts.
This assignment demands a strong candidate with sound knowledge and experience of contract, commercial and procurement law, who is able to manage a busy caseload. In particular, they will need practical experience of handling these areas of work and advising clients on tenders/procurement processes including the regulations and drafting contracts. Other experience that would be beneficial but not essential includes:
- Providing advice to clients relating to, The Council’s Contract Procedure Rules & The Public Contract Regulations
- Alongside, advising on various procurement processes you will need to deliver general advice relating to TUPE
- Drafting of template nomination agreements to be used across the County for social housing purposes and agreements specifically for refuges for victims of domestic violence
- Concessionary Service Contracts
- Collateral Warranties
- Fire and Rescue Training Service Contracts
- Drafting Constitutions, for example for Arts and Heritage Centres
- Various funding and benefits agreements
- Service and goods related issues for schools
- Agreements for Leases, Highway agreements and Street lighting agreements
- Standard JCT contracts
The position offers an attractive hourly rate of up to £35 - £40 per hour dependant on experience.
For further information, please contact Hannah Fritz – Lewis or Emma Walker at Venn Group on 0121 616 0660 or email us on email@example.com. We look forward to your application.
Venn Group aim to deliver the highest standards, so you can be assured your application will be handled with professionalism and care.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.