An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Solicitor to join a University Legal team in East Anglia. This role is vital to the commercial operations of this leading University, with the successful applicant joining a strong & progressive team in an exciting & high profile environment.
You will be responsible for a wide range of agreements relating to research projects and international collaborations. The role is essential to the protection of assets of the university, especially its intellectual property and its reputation as one of the leading research institutions in the UK & internationally.
The post holder will be required to build working business relationships with academic partners, taking a leading role in cementing links with faculties and schools. This will allow the post holder to develop specialist knowledge in a particular field and be at the forefront of cutting edge research and developments.
The ideal candidate will be a Solicitor or Legal Executive ideally with Higher Education experience. Applicants will need to have a thorough understanding of intellectual property and commercial contracts. Applicants should ideally also have experience working in a politically sensitive environment and therefore be able to grasp the legal issues effecting universities quickly.
Duties will include:
- Managing and running a caseload of commercial contracts matters without supervision
- Drafting contracts, updating standard precedents, including collaboration agreements and research contracts
- Working closely with business development managers in developing head of terms for commercial transactions
- Advising on intellectual property issues, ensuring that the university’s IP is appropriately protected and commercialised to ensure best revenue and rights for the University and its research team
- Negotiating and settling IP licences, including software licenses
- Negotiating complex contracts and agreements
An attractive hourly rate of £35 - £45 per hour is offered for this assignment. The post is offered on a full time basis of 37 hours, although part time application will be considered.
To apply please call Emily Bulman on 0121 616 0660 or email Emily at email@example.com with a copy of your CV
We look forward to your application.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group aim to achieve the highest standards so you can be assured your application will be handled with professionalism and care.
Venn Group acts as an employment agency and an employment business.