Job Title: Communications and Engagement Officer
Rate: £15-18 per hour
Contract length: 3 months
Venn Group’s Communications and Marketing division are recruiting for a hands on and pragmatic Communications Officer to join a leading public sector organisation based in the East Riding of Yorkshire.
The successful candidate will have a proven background in the public sector, working in a busy Communications team overseeing everything from media relations, press releases, internal comms and video editing.
Role overview and essential experience:
- Develop, implement and evaluate the communications and marketing activity in order to maintain and enhance the credibility and excellent reputation of the organisation
- Implement robust, effective internal and external communication and engagement activities to ensure effective delivery of the communications and engagement strategy
- Provide communications and marketing advice to managers and working parties/committees as appropriate
- Write and produce tailored corporate staff communications including newsletters and intranet updates
- Reactively write, edit, proof read and coordinate often complex external communications with the media and other stakeholders
- Respond to media queries, providing statements as required to support the organisation’s reputation in the local and national media and build strong working relationships with key journalists
- Analyse and interpret complex data to compile responses to Freedom of Information requests ensuring the response portrays the organisation is the appropriate manner
- Take the lead on projects within the communications and engagement strategy, creating complex project delivery plans to deadline and within both staff and financial resources
- Produce employer branded corporate documents, including the Annual Report, on behalf of the Board and other internal stakeholders
- Undertake on going surveys and audits with staff to review and evaluate the most appropriate corporate communications channels
- Take photographs for use in communications and marketing materials, as and when required
- Previous experience working in the public sector
- Video editing skills
The ideal candidate will be available to interview and begin immediately.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.