Job Title: Complaints and PALS Manager
Rate of pay: Circa £250 (Daily)
Duration: 4 - 6
Our client is currently recruiting for the above role as they are experiencing a period of expansion throughout the PALS and Complaints department. This is an immediate start after finding the right candidate. We are looking to recruit someone with the following experience
Responsibilities of the role:
- Manage all formal complaints and concerns received by the Trust in accordance with the NHS Complaint Regulations and the Trust’s Complaints Handling Policy and Procedure.
- Ensure the Trust’s Complaints & PALS Services are fully integrated and responsive to the needs of the public accessing services at the Trust, facilitating early resolution of concerns and feedback to the organisation on the complaints handling process.
- Produce activity reports for individual services, committees and the Board Performance report, highlighting where lessons can be learnt and improvements made to service delivery.
- Liaise with Complainants, Directors, Senior Managers, outside agencies such as the Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS) and the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman’s Office and provide ‘in-house’ training on all aspects of complaint handling.
- Act as line manager for the Complaints and PALS team.
Experience and Skills:
- Ensure that the management of complaints and PALS activity is fully compliant with The Local Authority Social Services and National Health Service Complaints (England) Regulations
2009, the Trust’s Complaints Handling policy and procedure and the PALS Operational Policy.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of national, regional and local complaints handling policy through membership of the regional Complaints Manager’s Forum.
- Develop and implement the Trust-wide policy and procedures for the management of complaints and concerns in line with the standards designated by external review bodies such as the Care Quality Commission, National Health Service Resolution and the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman’s ‘Principles of Good Complaint Handling’.
- Contribute to the development of a patient safety culture in which the Trust’s governance and performance management processes are supported by robust complaints and PALS policies and procedures.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.