Venn Group are currently recruiting for a Consultant to undertake a thorough Local Child Safeguarding Practice Review for a well-respected Council in the Midlands.
They are looking for someone to write a report which does:
- Recognises the complex circumstances in which professionals work together to safeguard children
- Seeks to understand precisely who did what and the underlying reasons that led individuals and organisations to act as they did
- Seeks to understand practice from the viewpoint of the individuals and organisations involved at the time rather than using hindsight
- Transparent about the way data is collected and analysed
- Makes use of relevant research and case evidence to inform the findings
- Provide a sound analysis of what happened in the case, and why, and what needs to happen in order to reduce the risk of recurrence
- Written in plain English and in a way that can be easily understood by professionals and the public alike
- Be suitable for publication without needing to be amended or redacted
You will require experience of reviewing the following:
- Multi-agency working
- Knowledge of health provider arrangements
- Interface adults and children’s services
- Youth Crime – Criminal Exploitation
- Engagement of young people and parents
- Pre-birth assessment
- Substance misuse
- Previously conducted a Local Child Safeguarding Practice Review in accordance with Working together 2018 or Serious Case Reviews Working together 2015, or similar multi-agency practice learning reviews
Contract Type: Outside IR35
Rate: Candidates will be considered based on their experience, so all rates will be considered by the Council.
This has a tentative start date of September 2019 concluding with the finished report back to the Partnership by March 2020.
For more information please in the first instance email your CV to Hannah Fritz-Lewis or Emily Ratcliffe on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 616 0660
Please note should this position not be applicable to you and you are currently looking for a new role, Venn Group recruit across the board within Local Government so send across your updated CV to email@example.com