Contract Senior Product Manager
Duration: 6 months
A position has arisen for a Senior Product Manager within a leading Broadcaster. This position will surround driving forward the product development and continuous optimisation of the new generation of VOD app. The Product Manager will work across Digital, Analytics, Content, solutions and third party suppliers. The ideal candidate will have a passion for digital products and the television industry.
The successful candidate must have excellent stakeholder management and the ability to confidently communicate and lead discussions.
Your duties will include:
- Leading the entire product life-cycle, from design, discovery, planning, grooming, product acceptance
- Creating and managing the product backlog within JIRA, set sprint goals and ensure developers have appropriate criteria to be able to deliver features to the expected standards
- Implementing continuous improvement to monitor effectiveness of the product development process
- Tracking the status of projects and communicating dependencies and any potential risks to product teams, engineering teams and stakeholders
- Updating the roadmap to reflect current priorities and ensure the business is informed of changes
- Running product meetings, workshops, sprint demos and maintaining excellent suppliers and stakeholders relationships
- Providing clarity on roadmap, feature releases and coordinating submission and supplier testing to all relevant parties
The successful candidate should have:
- 5 years+ experience in a digital product management role
- Strong analytical capabilities and the ability to interrogate statistical data in order to make evidence based decisions
- Ability to identify and understand the broader business context of your decisions
- Experience in working within an enterprise scale agile software development environment
- Extensive experience working with video applications, preferably with direct experience of the connected TV / Set top box applications
- The ability to manage complex product development, with multiple supplier relationships and software development outsourcing
- Excellent problem solving skills, capable of driving a user-centred approach to product discovery and development
To apply for this role, or to find out about other technology jobs, please contact Lizzy Parker on the Reading Digital Recruitment team on 0118 207 1212 or email@example.com.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.