An accomplished client of mine has presented the opportunity for a Cost Accountant to join their growing team in Manchester. The vacancy has arisen due to continued business growth and our client has further exciting future plans. The primary responsibilities of this function is to be responsible for all stock related aspects of the finance function, and to prepare and complete accounts related tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
The ideal candidate will have an inquisitive mind combined with a commercial outlook. Experience of cost accounting and reporting with excellent knowledge of budgeting and forecasting.
- Analysing and reconciling all Stock related Variance accounts.
- Reconciling monthly Stock reports.
- Analysis of all products to ensure standard costs, purchase costs, and BOM’s are updated accurately.
- Maintaining and updating packaging waste information and report annually.
- Analysing and reporting of sales and gross margin by customer and product.
- Ensuring Stock is cycle counted at agreed intervals, reviewing cycle count results and investigating anomalies.
- Creating the year End Stock valuation report, ensuring all standard costs are reviewed and journals are posted to the GL prior to submission to the Auditors.
- Updating selling prices following the annual price review.
- Create new stock items following validation of all information.
For more information please contact Jonny Kerr or Tom Wilkinson on 0161 830 1830, and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.