BROXTOWE BOROUGH COUNCIL (Nottinghamshire NG9 1AB)
COVID-19 Information Officers
3 month contract (on-going)
Start – July 2020 (ASAP)
Rate: £15.31p/h (via an umbrella company)
Broxtowe Borough Council are needing support to promote a safer Borough of Broxtowe by carrying out educational and awareness raising initiatives in relation to, best practice for businesses on reopening in line with government guidelines on Covid-19.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To advise on best practice and highlight discrepancies or bad practice not in line with government guidance when observed
- To investigate complaints in respect of, failure to follow government guidelines on safely operating following Covid-19 pandemic
- To assist in the development and execution of local education and awareness campaigns and associated publicity, including attendance at meetings, carrying out presentations, and reporting on these activities
- To promote a safer borough in the community including liaison with Parish Councils, councillors, businesses, community action teams and other groups or bodies
- To carry out daily patrols of the borough in accordance with a work rota in order to reduce and detect bad practice of the relevant guidance
- To liaise with officers in other council directorates and with external bodies as necessary
- Work proactively to ensure the safety of all businesses within the Town Centres, encouraging all members of the public to feel safe in their day to day experiences and advise and give updated health and guidance on all Covid-19 matters where necessary
- To carry out administrative and clerical procedures in respect of the duties of an Information Officer, including keeping of records and logs, carrying out of surveys, preparation of reports, and updating the computer and manual recording systems
- Carry out any other duties that are within the scope and grading of the post which could also be requested by the line manager or Head of Service
Please note: Duties may include attendance at evening meetings. Weekend working on a rota basis will be standard for this post.
For more information on this or other Local Gov Jobs, please in the first instance email your CV to Natalie Cox or Bella Thornton on the Midlands Local Gov Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 616 0681
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.
Please note should this position not be applicable to you and you are currently looking for a new role, Venn Group recruit across the board within Local Government so send across your updated CV the Midlands Local Gov Team