Our client is seeking a Credit Specialist to provide service and support to corporate and non-corporate account customers for their Shared Service based divisions with regard to past due invoice collection, pricing issues, order review, customer enquiries and other credit-related disputes.
What’s in it For You:
- A salary of up to £24,000 per annum for the right candidate
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organisation that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best
What You Will Do:
- Conduct collections of corporate and non-corporate accounts via outbound phone calls, aging reports, invoice packets, order review, intranet websites, various customer A/P portals, and email correspondence with AP contacts
- Respond to incoming calls and mail from aligned accounts and extensive interaction with both internal and external customers
- Utilise strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate in a professional manner to maintain the business relationship while collecting on past due AR
- Research and resolve disputes and invoice issues in a timely manner
- Provide accurate information as needed by customers, sales, and credit
- The working hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 8:30 to 5:00PM.
- 2 years of experience working in credit, finance, accounting, customer service, and/or related technical or customer service field
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel or Access, or the ability to be trained
- Credit/collections experience and/or customer service experience related to large corporate customers
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Access)
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Must have demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently
- Self-motivated and both detail and process oriented
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong critical thinking and decision making skills
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.