We are currently working with a local authority based in the East Midlands area who are in need of an experienced Development Management Lead to support their Economic and Growth Team on an interim basis for at least the next 6 months.
This role will be majority remote working.
Please see below for an overview of the role and a full job description is available upon request:
Development Management Lead
Duration: 6 months initially (open to full time or part time)
Start date: ASAP
Rate: £200 – £350pd (this will depend on experience/qualifications)
You will be required to provide leadership and vision in the management of the Development Management Service. Also to lead the discharge of all the council’s statutory duties as the Local Planning Authority.
- Detailed and practical knowledge of planning and development related legislation
- Expert knowledge of Planning legislation including Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004, Town and Country Planning Act and associated Rules, Orders and regulations and Directives
- A proven track record in the management and development of a team or service
- Educated to degree level in and the ability to have Membership or eligibility for Membership of Royal Town Planning Institute
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to demonstrate successful change management
- Highly skilled in leading complex planning and financial negotiations
- Significant awareness and ability to operate in a political environment with senior politicians and business leaders
- Expert in financial management and ability to manage budgets in excess of £1 million
- Ability to think strategically and to see how development management can contribute to the Council Plan
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals, teams and groups and to give persuasive presentations to a wide variety of audiences including national and local media
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to understanding and meeting the needs of customers
- Ability to make decisions regarding service delivery which will impact on the local community and the internal organisation
- Successful track record of achievement and delivery within a planning or built environment profession
For more information on this or other Local Gov Jobs, please in the first instance email your CV to theMidlands Local Gov Team at email@example.com or call 0121 616 0681
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.
Please note should this position not be applicable to you and you are currently looking for a new role, Venn Group recruit across the board within Local Government so send across your updated CV the Midlands Local Gov Team