Development Management Manager
Local Government – Nottinghamshire
Full time – home working available
We are currently working with an established local authority based in Nottinghamshire who are in need of the interim support of a Development Management Manager to support them during a very busy time.
You will be responsible for the overall supervision of the Development Management function within the Council. This will cover all aspects of planning application case work including appeals, allocated sites, conservation and enforcement, allocation of workload and management of staff.
- Proactively lead the service to continue to resolve obstacles to the delivery of new development in the Borough in line with sustainable development and planning policy principles
- Assist and, where necessary, deputise for the Head of Planning and Economic Development in managing the development management function including at Planning Committee
- Organise, allocate and supervise all aspects of development management, enforcement and conservation work to ensure that this function is carried out thoroughly, efficiently and speedily
- Manage and guide a team of professional and technical officers
- Negotiate a high standard of design and other improvements to very complex applications and very large developments to encourage a high overall standard of development in the borough
- Ensure the conservation of appropriate buildings and areas and secure their enhancement where possible and negotiate with developers the content of appropriate planning agreements associated with planning applications
Start Date: October Ideally
Duration: untill the end of March 2020
Rate: £20.00ph - £30.00ph
For more information on this or other Local Gov Jobs, please in the first instance email your CV to Bella Thornton or Natalie Cox on the Midlands Local Gov Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 616 0660
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.
Please note should this position not be applicable to you and you are currently looking for a new role, Venn Group recruit across the board within Local Government so send across your updated CV the Midlands Local Gov Team