Job Title: Domestic Supervisor
Responsible to: Domestic Manager
Accountable to: Head of Facilities
Domestic/Cleaning Supervisory experience ESSENTIAL, preferably in a Healthcare environment
The post holder is responsible for the supervision of Domestic staff. In addition they are a key fist line manager within the Domestic service, which involves assisting in the day to day running of services and maintaining a high standard service.
The post holder must be able to demonstrate a broad knowledge of cleaning standards and have experience of working within the cleaning industry
The post holder must ensure staff are trained and equipped to complete all required tasks.
The post holder will have a flexible approach to work and actively support staff through hands-on working.
The post holder will need to have a friendly and helpful manner and have a sensitive approach when dealing with patients and their families.
- Ensure staff use the correct equipment in accordance to method statements.
- To ensure domestic assistants take responsibility for the safe storage of all equipment when not being used.
- Organise repairs/servicing to machinery/equipment as and when required.
- Ensure that domestic assistants are aware and comply with the departments Health & Safety requirements.
- Responsible for escalating any issues/concerns directly to the Domestic Manager/Deputy.
- To assist management in the handling of complaints relating to departmental services by undertaking investigations and providing reports.
- Report any risks to Domestic Manager around domestic activity so that the risk register is up to date.
- To complete incident reports for any injuries or accidents to self or others within areas of responsibility in a timely manner.
- Responsible for reporting any risks/ incidents, and ensuring staff are familiar with the incident reporting process.
- To complete incident reports for any injuries or accidents to self or others within areas of responsibility in a timely manner and provide feedback on any learning from the incident.
- To act as first point of contact for Domestic services.
- Assist with any cleaning duties as required