VENN GROUP Specialists in professional temporary recruitment
Early Years Commissioner
Length: 6 months, potentially ongoing
IR35 Status: Inside
A local authority is looking for an Early Years Commissioner to work closely with senior management and operational teams to undertake a review of operational practice and procedures and to identify areas of improvement across the Early Years’ service. Due to the nature of work and timescales involved, the Early Years Commissioner would be required to work at pace and be present within the service.
Key Responsibilities of the Early Years Commissioner:
- Reviewing childcare and Early Years policy and procedures, including working practice, across the service in order to highlight strengths of the current model and identify areas of improvement
- Reviewing the current back office IT system (Tribal & Open Objects) in place and identifying how the service can use it more effectively and improve integration
- Drawing up reports for senior management with options and recommendations to take forward and working through governance and approval processes.
- Using insights from the childcare review to inform and develop an Early Years strategy
- Working with Early Years to colleagues to implement and embed agreed recommendations
Requirements of the Early Years Commissioner:
- Children's Services knowledge, ideally Early Years
- Experience of working with Maintained Nursery settings, PVI’s and Children’s Centres
- Demonstrable experience of conducting a service review ideally within Early Years and making recommendations across childcare and to inform a childcare strategy
- Politically astute with demonstrable stakeholder engagement experience
- Strong report writing skills
- Previous experience of delivering change within Children's Services
If you have experience to match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact Niki Holdich or Toby Rose on
020 7557 7667 and email you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: if you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations.