An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Electoral Services Officer to join a busy local authority in the Northern Home Counties. The role is offered on a full time basis for an initial period of 3-6 months with the possibility of further extension dependent upon workload.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has worked in a local authority election department previously (preferably during the build up to a major election) and as such is familiar with election management software.
Some of the duties required of the successful applicant will be as follows:
- Assess applications and reach sound judgments with legislative awareness
- Deliver effective communications via the telephone, email, written correspondence or face to face
- Meet monthly targets and deadlines in relation to monthly register revision dates and election timetables
- Deal with public and Elected Member enquiries
- Develop good working relationships with partners and stakeholders
- Be aware of legislative changes and recommendations/advice issued by the Electoral Commission, the Cabinet Office, the Department of Communities and Local Government and the Association of Electoral Administrators
- Give general advice to the public and elected members on absent voting applications, claims for inclusion in the register of electors and purchase of the register.
- Give advice to all levels of staff within the Council
- Develop, maintain and update computerised information systems to carry out the electoral registration/election management function
- Maintain clear and systematic records to assess the effectiveness of the electoral registration/electoral arrangements.
- Participate fully in all aspects of the setting up and conduct of all elections and referenda/polls.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of the electoral services management software used within the unit.
For this role, the client is offering a rate of £15-20 per hour for the successful candidate, this will however to dependant on experience.
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com or contact Hannah Fritz – Lewis or Lauren Watts on 0121 616 0660. We look forward to your application.
Venn Group aim to deliver the highest standards, so you can be assured your application will be handled with professionalism and care.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.