Employment Lawyer (Permanent) – Up to £48,000 – Suffolk
Venn Group’s specialist legal team are delighted to be recruiting for an Employment Lawyer to join a forward thinking, established Local Authority in Suffolk on a permanent basis.
The Ideal candidate would need to have previous experience in employment tribunal and HR matters. You must have a wide knowledge of the law relating to Employment proceedings including complex areas such as the Equality Act 2010 and TUPE.
Day to day duties may include:
- Providing advice and guidance to clients, in relation to a wide range of employment matters including grievances, disciplinary, TUPE, capability, discrimination, and any other employment related enquiries
- Dealing with all Employment law issues and other contentious matters within the Employment Tribunal including defending proceedings brought against the council as a legal adviser within the specialist area and make decisions using initiative and professional judgment
- Appearing as an advocate on behalf of all or any of the Authority’s departments on a wide range of Employment matters or to brief and attend conferences with Counsel as necessary
- Advising on legal matters, which are complex, may have a high political profile, and are often highly confidential and sensitive
- Managing legal cases following the Lexcel and ISO 9001 quality procedures from inception to completion without direct supervision
This excellent opportunity offers a salary of up to £48,000 per annum depending on experience and comes with a number of other benefits including flexible working and a generous pension cheme. The client is ideally looking for full time candidates but part time candidates are also encouraged to apply.
For further information, please contact Emma Walker or Connie Ross on 0121 616 0681 or alternatively send your CV to email@example.com.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.