Engagement Worker vacancy waiting to be filled
Venn Group would like to introduce the following Engagement Worker position available in Oldham
Position: Engagement Worker
Location: Oldham – across 3 sites
Rate: £11.00 p/hour (including holiday pay)
Length: 8 weeks with potential of extension
Hours: 37.5 hours (7am-3pm,9pm-5pm, 10am-6pm) Mon - Fri
The role will predominantly involve:
- Based across three services across Oldham
- Working in various services including family accommodation service and drug / alcohol accommodation service
- Providing support to customers/ households in need of support
- Engaging with families or individual who have been identified as needing support
- Motivating customers to change their lifestyle and engaging people who have been refused other services elsewhere
- Working with customers to get to a point where they recognise the needs to change their lifestyle
- Reducing self-harm
- Undertook appropriate assessments
- Managing own caseload
- Updating and creating support plans
- Carrying out welfare checks to customers
- Dealing and responding to crisis in service
- Giving support advice and signposting to specialist support services
The successful candidate will preferably have experience of working in a homeless or support setting, you will also have good communication skills and the ability to use your initiative.
Candidate must be available to start within one week notice and have an Enhanced Adult and Child DBS within 1 year.
To find out more about this role or to apply please contact Dan Fowler or Samantha Marshall on 0161 830 1830 or alternatively reply to this email with your up to date CV.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: If you recommend a candidate, whom Venn Group subsequently places (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations.