We are currently working with an organisation based in Shropshire who are needing the interim support of an Environmental Health Officer (Nuisance/Environmental Protection)
You will be required to deliver a range of regulatory and enforcement duties in Regulatory Services with a particular focus on environmental health, anti-social behaviour and statutory nuisance to proactively tackle anti-social behaviour within the County.
You will be expected to lead and/or contribute to a range of projects and build relations with both internal and external partners in order achieve specified outcomes, but will not have direct authority over those involved.
- Educated to diploma/degree level or equivalent in Environmental Health or other professional qualifications which satisfy minimum requirements necessary to undertake statutory or specialist functions, or other relevant training or experience which gives an equivalent level of competence across a wide range of Regulatory Services functional areas including environmental health, nuisance and anti-social behaviour
- High level of professional knowledge and practical enforcement and regulatory expertise in a number of core Regulatory Services functional areas (Nuisance/Environmental Protection, Anti-Social Behaviour)
- Successful delivery of operational project plans, framework agreements and performance targets in a number of functional areas
- Thorough awareness and understanding of current legislation, contemporary issues and best practice in relation to Anti-Social Behaviour and Statutory Nuisance
- Extensive knowledge and experience of a wide range of enforcement techniques and regulatory sanctions
- Experience of supporting and supervising/directing other staff on functional service delivery issues in Anti-Social Behaviour or Statutory Nuisance
- A post-graduate qualification in a relevant specialist subject area (Environmental Health / Environmental Protection/ Anti-Social Behaviour / Statutory Nuisance)
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- Experience in contributing to and supporting others in successful change programmes
- Extensive experience in a technical or professional role
Please note: You will be required to have a full driving licence.
Rate: Negotiable depending on experience
Duration: until the end of November initially (to cover maternity leave)
For more information on this or other Local Gov Jobs, please in the first instance email your CV to Natalie Cox on the Midlands Local Gov Team at email@example.com or call 0121 616 0681 or call 0121 616 0681
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.
Please note should this position not be applicable to you and you are currently looking for a new role, Venn Group recruit across the board within Local Government so send across your updated CV the Midlands Local Gov Team