Environmental Health Practitioner (Food/Health & Safety)
We are currently working with a local government organisation who are in need of an experienced Environmental Health Officer/Practitioner to assist them until the end of March 2021.
The post will be to deliver a range of food and health and safety functions with a focus on food safety, standards and hygiene, health and safety, infectious diseases and related activities and supporting partnerships and relationships with businesses.
Please note: Applicants from candidates with specialities in either food, health and safety or both will be considered.
Main Duties (Further details available on request)
- Deliver operational action plans and projects across a wide range of food safety, health and safety and infectious diseases functional areas, in either a lead or support role, in order to raise standards of compliance and deliver improved regulatory outcomes in the service area
- Support the development and delivery of a programme of regulatory and enforcement projects and activities to identify and reduce risks to residents and businesses in order to achieve Regulatory Services outcomes
- Utilise a range of regulatory approaches including: evidence-based research, risk assessment, intelligence-led targeting in order to identify and investigate business activities or environmental practices which present a significant risk to the health, safety, prosperity and wellbeing of the wider community
- Undertake comprehensive and professional research and analysis across a wide range of regulatory functions in order to provide businesses with high quality, accurate and timely advice on the implementation of complex legislation and standards in operation across the UK and EU
- Plan and undertake complex investigations in accordance with the Enforcement Policy and collect and prepare evidence and investigation reports to ensure that prosecution cases meet the very highest legal and professional standards and achieve successful outcomes
- Evidence of the relevant professional qualifications required to undertake high risk food interventions as set out in the FSA food law code of practice
- Successful candidates must hold the EHRB registration and have relevant experience to demonstrate competency
Start Date: 28/09/2020
Duration: Until end of March 2021
Rate: can be negotiable depending on experience
For more information on this or other Local Gov Jobs, please in the first instance email your CV to the Midlands Local Gov Team at email@example.com or call 0121 616 0660
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.
Please note should this position not be applicable to you and you are currently looking for a new role, Venn Group recruit across the board within Local Government so send across your updated CV the Midlands Local Gov Team