Venn Group is currently recruiting for an Executive Assistant to the Director of Communications for a Public Sector Organisation based in Birmingham. This role is a 1 – 2 month contract, paying an hourly rate of £16.29 PAYE or £18.54 via an umbrella company.
The successful candidate will have previous experience providing executive support to senior leadership within either the public or private sector.
- Managing all incoming mail, telephone calls, messages and co-ordinating meetings
- Prioritising and managing own workload in an informed and effective manner, working autonomously in the absence of the line managers
- Maintaining effective communication networks at all levels across the organisation
- Identifying, drafting and typing correspondence and reports
- Creating action plans and following-up outstanding issues which emerge from work and meetings
- Preparing background information, collating information into reports, producing statistics and creating and managing databases as required
- Redirecting and co-ordinating tasks delegated to other members of the Department
- Managing diaries to include using an electronic diary and email system prioritising, dealing with and responding appropriately
- Managing the meeting process by preparing agendas, taking, producing and circulating accurate minutes of meetings
- Managing the administrative responsibility for educational and communication functions, such as seminars, conferences and workshops
- Developing and reviewing all administrative systems at Board level in the light of good office practice to ensure they remain responsive and efficient
- Dealing with staff, managers and external organisations in a professional and courteous manner
- Creating and designing visual aids and presentations
- Developing and maintaining an effective filing system and bring forward system
- Managing orders and requisitions and maintaining budgets as appropriate
- Assisting with the interviewing and selection of secretarial and administration staff
To apply for this role or to find out about other Marketing & Communications jobs, please contact Hannah Dunlop, Celia Jarvis or Jack Sharpe on the Midlands Marketing & Communications Recruitment team on 0121 616 0660 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.