Public Sector Organisation – East Midlands
Fully Remote Working
We are working with a client based in Nottinghamshire who are looking for an experienced Finance Analyst to assist them on an interim basis. The main purpose of the role will be to assist in the provision of a comprehensive, high quality Finance service, covering the specific areas of: Treasury Management, Capital Accounting, Risk Management, Insurance and Internal Audit contract monitoring.
- To assist the Capital Accountant in analysing data in relation to the capital programme
- Maintenance of the asset register; including reporting, monitoring, reconciling and analysing data
- To manage the daily cash position, dealing with the bank and other financial institutions
- Providing analysis relating to the organisation cash flow position and capital financing requirements
- To assist with revenue and capital budget setting and monitoring
- Assist with the production of treasury management monitoring and producing various statistical returns
- To provide training for non-financial staff across the organisation in financial matters, when requested
- To support the co-ordination and closure of accounts and production of the annual statement of accounts
- Co-ordination of the Corporate Risk Management Group meetings and providing update reports for Members
- Co-ordination of internal audit actions and updating the organisation performance management system
- Co-ordination and completion of relevant statistical and government returns and grant claims
- Assisting with the financial administration and overview of external grant funding, including CIL, S106’s, funding bids and claims
- Dealing with internal and external auditors
- Contributing towards the continuous Improvement of existing processes and procedures
- Assisting with the administration and allocation of insurance charges
- Member of Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT), or relevant equivalent qualification
- Knowledge of Capital Accounting; Treasury management processes and procedures; Risk management processes and procedures; Governance arrangements; Internal audit processes and procedures; CIPFA Codes of Practice
- Experience of working in a finance environment, including the following areas;
- Daily cash management including cash flow forecasting
- Budget setting and monitoring
- Assisting with Final accounts
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 3-4 months initially
Rate: negotiable depending on experience
For more information on this or other positions please in the first instance email your CV to the Midlands Local Government team at email@example.com or call 0121 616 0681 if you would like to have a conversation with us.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.
Please note should this position not be applicable to you and you are currently looking for a new role, Venn Group recruit across the board within the IT sector so send across your updated CV to us.