The Contract Recruitment Specialists
Fire & Security Engineer
Our client, a reputable social housing provider based in Devon requires a Fire & Security Engineer to oversee the smooth running of delivering servicing, maintenance and installation of Fire Alarms, emergency lighting, door entry and CCTV Systems to their properties.
Location: Based in Exeter and covering a patch including Plymouth
Contract Type: 2-3 months
Hours: 40 hours a week (8 am – 4 pm Mon to Fri)
- Maintain/Service/Repair Fire Alarm systems to the current British standard BS5839-1-2017. In line with the company B.A.F.E Accreditation SP203-1 Modular. This will involve working with Manufacturers panels Advanced/C-TEC/Gent Xenex,
- Being able to use reporting software to accurately detail results from testing and highlight any issues with the Fire Alarm system while on site.
- Keeping up to date with any industry changes and or regulation updates that are required to carry out your job
- Making sure all systems worked on comply to the BS5839-1-2017 Standard and report back any defects as soon as possible
- Maintain and repair the emergency lighting systems to the current British Standard BS5266-2016
- Replace fittings where required due to failure, confirm correct operation following duration testing
- Note any issues with wiring, lamp life and any areas that may be a risk to residents.
- Attention to detail when filling out the required report and highlighting any issues found
- Always be presentable, polite and understanding of residents as the forward face of social landlord
- Good working knowledge of Fire Alarm systems and as a minimum have F.I.A training modules
- City and Guilds NVQ level 3 electrical qualification and FIA/BAFE qualification
- Fault finding experience
- IT literate
- Driver with access to own vehicle (although van may be provided, fuel costs covered)
- Current DBS
If you have the required background and knowledge of fire alarm systems and at a minimum NVQ Level 3 and would like to be considered for this position please send an updated CV to Vic Singh firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0117 930 8760