We are currently working with a Public Sector client based in Derby who are seeking an experienced Head of Economic Regeneration to join their friendly but busy team.
Our client is looking to increase the resilience of their Economic Growth Service and are seeking a confident manager with experience of promoting economic growth in a public sector setting.
You will have a key role in delivering the Council’s Economic Growth strategy and will be leading teams running projects around business engagement, business support (incl. running a grant and loan scheme). Promoting international trade (we have trade links with China and India), and supporting people into work as well as running their network of 6 managed workspaces (known as Connect Derby).
- Responsibility for the Economic Strategy & Policy including Local Economic Assessment, and Economic Regeneration input to the Derby Plan
- Responsible for Economic Regeneration activities in Inward Investment, Business Support, Community Regeneration and area specific projects
- Responsibility for the programme and project management of externally funded economic regeneration schemes and liaison with external agencies
- Responsibility for the preparation and implementation of a Skills and Innovation Intervention Strategy and the preparation of project outlines, external funding bids and skills and innovation activities
- To have held a management position within a complex organisation in the Public Sector ideally
Duration: 6 Months Initially
Rate: Negotiable dependant on experience
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.
Please note should this position not be applicable to you and you are currently looking for a new role, Venn Group recruit across the board within Local Government so send across your updated CV the Midlands Local Gov Team