Head of Finance
Temporary- to cover a long term staff absence
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Finance to join a very well known public body in the North East, working from their offices in County Durham.
You must have previous experience working in a similar role and be competent with all Microsoft Office packages. Experience with Sage 200 is desirable.
The main responsibilities of the position will include:
- Monthly Management Accounting procedures
- The Head of finance role will require liaison with a wide range of managers and staff across the CRC, as well as to represent the organisation in meetings with external contacts at local level and occasionally at regional or national level
- To make authorisations for expenditure in respect of all exchequer functions, subject to the parameters set out by the Director of Finance
- To be responsible for financial memoranda and financial disciplines on purchasing, tendering, order, payments and related systems to ensure compliance with Government accounting procedures
- To control the effective billing and collection of monies due in order to maximise debt recovery and ensure that invoices raised are paid in good time
- To complete required monthly, quarterly and annual financial and statistical returns
- To ensure that allocated staff within the Finance team receives appropriate leadership, supervision and direction; to set objectives, write appraisal reports and carry out assessments as required; to manage absence in accordance with policies and procedures; and to deal with any problems of poor performance as they occur
- To contribute ideas which will improve the overall effectiveness of the team, business and ensure the effective implementation of policy change arising from strategic decisions
The following qualities are essential:
- An understanding of the Finance Business Partnering process
- Sage 200 (or similar) or be able to pick up new systems quickly
- The ability to communicate effectively by telephone as you will liaise on a daily basis with stakeholders, public borders and members of the public
- Previous experience in a similar role will be advantageous
If you feel you are right for this role please contact Stephen Foster or Felicity Underwood for immediate feedback and consideration on 0113 234 6400 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Venn Group is acting as an employment agency and an employment business. Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.