Head of Legal
Venn Group is currently recruiting for a permanent Head of Legal Services for a well-established Housing Association based in South London. Our client is seeking an experienced, innovative and enthusiastic property solicitor to manage a friendly and busy in-house property team.
The successful candidate will be required to provide high quality legal advice on complex property related matters as well as other transaction, non-contentious matters as well as the follow:
· Undertake all levels of freehold and leasehold (both residential and commercial) conveyancing
· Draft property related transactional documents and contracts and other legal and regulatory issues
· Develop, prepare and provide effective training as required on a variety of property law issues to colleagues
· Draft leases, transfers, development agreements, management agreements, service charge deeds, reports on title and other property related documents
· Provide advice on other complex matters such as contracts and section 106 agreements
· Support and mentor lawyers and junior members within the team
The organisation is seeking candidates who can meet the demands of a large varied caseload amongst the following:
· Qualified Solicitor or Barrister with at least seven years post qualified experience
· Significant experience undertaking complex residential and commercial conveyancing property matters
· Excellent IT skills; Microsoft Office suite and Outlook
· Excellent legal drafting skills
· Experience providing training to other lawyers
Due to the high number of applicants for this role, if you do not hear back from us regarding this locum opportunity within seven days then you have not been shortlisted for this vacancy.
If you or anyone you know may be interested in this locum position or other legal positions, then please contact Suborna Akthar on 020 7557 7667 or email email@example.com.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.