Head of Procurement
Rate: £54,765 to £61,618 per annum
Our client, a leading public sector organisation based in London, is looking to appoint a Head of Procurement to lead their procurement function. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to advance their public sector procurement career working for an exceptional organisation who offers a highly competitive rewards and benefits package, including generous annual leave and training and development opportunities. As the lead of the Procurement team, the role holder will manage the team that oversees the organisation’s Procurement service. The role holder will work with the CFO, and as a member of the Senior Finance Team, assisting as required to review and implement the Financial Strategy, in particular leading on the development and delivery of the organisation’s Procurement Plan.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide the strategic direction for Procurement across the organisation, playing the lead role in delivery of Value for Money, thus ensuring there is effective purchasing of goods and services, demonstrating value for money, and complying with legislation.
- Lead and motivate the Procurement Team, setting aims and objectives to deliver the team performance to agreed short and long-term goals, ensuring the Team is customer focussed and provides a high standard of service to both internal customers and external stakeholders.
- Ensure the professional and personal development requirements of the team are identified, progressed and monitored regularly to meet the needs of the service delivery targets set for the team.
- Develop and deliver the Annual Procurement Plan, embedding procurement category management on all material expenditure on goods and or services.
- Ensure the organisation follows best practice in relation to category management, and that category plans are in place to support the majority of procurement activity.
- As the senior lead on procurement, deliver the procurement requirements for the Property & Facilities Department of the organisation.
- Provide all procurement related reporting on a periodic and annual basis as required within the organisation or to external stakeholders.
- Ensure there are adequate and effective systems in place to support the tendering process, by embedding best practice procurement across the organisation.
Our client is looking for a candidate with the following:
- Significant experience in undertaking procurement activity in Property & facilities
- Considerable experience in the use of OJEU/Government Procurement Regulations
- Experience of leading, managing and developing procurement staff and coordinating the work of others over whom there is no direct line management control
- Procurement experience within a Property & facilities environment, which includes major building projects (£10 million plus)
- Experience of tendering and managing high value contracts under EU procurement law, including contracts which exceed £10 million
- Detailed knowledge of EU and UK procurement legislation, supplier and contract management
- Extensive expertise, having operated at a strategic level with a strong track record of success in delivering financial savings
- Proven track record of working in an environment where customer needs are variable
- Experience of managing multi-functional complex projects to meet demanding deadlines
- Experience of writing and presenting reports to senior management
This is an excellent opportunity for a professional and personable individual to advance their skills and experience.
If this describes you and you wish to expand your skill set to further your development please contact Robert Waugh or Joe Olenka on 020 7557 7667, and send your updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com