Health & Social Care Teacher
Job type - Part time, Permanent
Hours - 20 hours per week
Location - Carlisle
Venn Group are searching of an inspirational and enthusiastic Teacher who will work as part of an external Educational provider team to ensure learners achieve the appropriate Health & Social Care qualifications while developing the learners’ employability, personal and social skills.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Deliver training and support to 16-19-year olds (all ability levels from Entry Level to GCSE)
- Ensure all relevant young people achieve Functional Skills/GCSE qualifications
- Develop resources and deliver training programmes to learners
- Carry out initial assessments of the learners
- Create support plans and regularly monitor these
- Use resources efficiently and effectively, ensuring proper use and security at all times
The successful candidate should have experience in guiding a diverse group of students as well as the ability to identify preferred learning styles and engaging with difficult-to-reach young people.
Qualifications & experience required:
· Level 2 English and Maths
· Teaching qualification DET equivalent or working towards or above
· Qualification in Health and Social care and relevant industry experience.
· IQA/Assessor qualification Desirable
A DBS check will be required for this role
Interviews will be held via zoom