VENN GROUP The specialists in professional temporary recruitment
Health, Safety and Wellbeing Specialist wanted for an immediate start
Length: 6 months
Days: 5 per week, Mon – Fri
Rate: £300 per day (depending on experience)
This position has been deemed outside of IR35
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Oversee, review and develop Health, Safety and Wellbeing policies and procedures and ensuring that you ensure they are legally compliant, effectively manage risk and review and improve process efficiency to improve overall effectiveness.
- Undertake a review of our compliance and take appropriate action when and where required
- Develop and deliver training including reasonable adjustments and risk assessments to managers and provide expert advice as necessary
- Oversee, develop and maintain health, safety and wellbeing presence on the intranet, including maintaining MIND workplace wellbeing index
- Ensure that wellbeing activities are appropriate, promoted and targeted towards creating an environment where risk of harm to employees is minimised.
- Complete all the active monitoring identified in the H&S management system
- Ensure all generic risk assessments are undertaken and maintained
- Develop and produce appropriate management information on health, safety and wellbeing identifying risks and mitigations as required.
- Ensure that the H&S hierarchy is maintained and that all stakeholders are aware of their roles and responsibilities
- Undertake any accident investigation with Trade Unions providing senior leaders with expert advice and guidance on the process and outcomes
- Manage the Employee Assistance Programme contract
- Build effective and supportive relationships within teams, work together with others to assist the delivery of organisational strategic objectives
- Minimum of IOSH qualified, NEBOSH would be desirable
- Experience of working in Health & Safety
- Experience effectively working with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in order to explain Health & Safety processes to a range of people
- BPSS security cleared