Urgent Housing Support Worker vacancy!
The client is looking to recruit a Housing Support Workers to work in a homeless hostel that supports clients aged 16-65, based in Bedfordshire
Length: Temporary with an opportunity for permanent work
Temporary contract: £9.20 per hour including holiday pay
Permanent salary: £18,632 per annum plus holiday pay
Hours: 37 hours a week with shift patterns
Shifts: 8:00am- 4:00pm
1 in 3 weekends: 11:00am- 7:30pm
You will also be required to be on call 1 in 3 weeks also.
The role involves:
- Providing advice on housing and welfare benefits
- Supporting homeless clients to become more independent in temporary accommodation
- Helping clients to move on and resettle into new accommodation
- Following support plans and producing risk assessments for your caseload
- Liaising with external agencies and support clients with applications
- Ensuring tenants adhere to their tenancy agreements
- Signposting service users to specialist services when required
- Ensuring residents do not accumulate any arrears and supporting them with budgeting
- Experience with supporting vulnerable people to become more independent
- Knowledge of housing benefits
- An enhanced DBS from within 3 years or willingness to obtain a new one
- Ability to drive with use of a car for work purposes
Our client is looking for the right candidate to start with them next week on our recommendation with no interview required.
If you are interested in securing this role, please contact me asap on 01908 295 000 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.