The Contract Recruitment Specialists
Housing Triage Officer
Length: 3 months
Hours: 37 per week
Our esteemed Local Authority client is looking for an accomplished Housing Triage Officer to join their established team for a temporary period.
Daily duties will include:
- To be the first point of contact (face to face by telephone or by email) for customers who are homeless or threatened with homelessness and to carry out an initial assessment and investigation.
- Liaising with a variety of external agencies, such as rough sleepers outreach services, and hostel providers to look for creative housing solutions for clients with a variety of complex needs
- Hold a caseload of clients, deciding Homelessness Reduction Act duties and making pro-active interventions to provide wide-ranging person centred housing advice and advocacy on housing rights, income maximisation, financial management, relevant support services and to inform, support and signpost customers to specialist advice agencies when appropriate
- Proactively take actions to prevent homelessness either short term or long term using all means available
- Conduct immediate interventions to prevent homelessness including where possible and reasonable helping customers to retain or re-access their current accommodation by; liaising with families and friends, landlords, supported housing, solicitors, courts, social services and other agencies
- Responsible for safeguarding vulnerable clients that present, often in a chaotic manner, by obtaining relevant information from, to a range of services such as the police, Domestic Abuse
- in-depth working knowledge of homeless legislation including the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017 ,The Local ism Act 2011, the Housing Act 1996 part VII and part VI (as amended by the Homelessness Act 2002
- in-depth knowledge of law relating to landlord and tenant issues and general housing rights
- current working knowledge of the welfare benefits system.
- Detailed knowledge of the support needs
To be considered for this excellent opportunity contact Branwen Johns or Vic Singh
on 0117 930 8760 or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org