We are recruiting for an Information Governance Lead based at a Local Government Organisation within the West Midlands. You will be responsible for leading, planning, and monitoring a comprehensive information governance and data protection model.
- Provide guidance, support and leadership on current and impending data protection legislation and regulation across the
- Identify and implement the work required to bring the Council up to standards required by the GDPR
- Assist in strategic leadership on information technologies and security
- Build knowledge, awareness and continuously improved capability across the Council
- Carry out regular risk assessments of the handling of data and maintain and update the privacy risk register
- Informing Council departments collecting personal data of their obligations under all relevant legislation
- Monitoring compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation and other relevant legislation
- To monitor and reduce risk associated with data protection
- Investigating data-protection and report on matters
- Ensuring a register of all information and data processing
- Being the first point of contact for, and cooperate with, the Information Commission’s Office.
Duration: Till May 2018 Initial
IR35 Status: Inside
This assignment sits within IR35 regulations
For more information on this or other Local Gov Jobs, please in the first instance email your CV to Sarah Pugh or Emily Ratcliffe on the Midlands Local Gov Team at email@example.com or call 0121 616 0660
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.
Please note should this position not be applicable to you and you are currently looking for a new role, Venn Group recruit across the board within Local Government so send across your updated CV the Midlands Local Gov Team