Public Sector Organisation – West Midlands
We are currently working with a public sector organisation in the West Midlands who are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer for a 3 – 6 month assignment initially.
The post holder will be responsible for the installation, monitoring, support and maintenance ICT Data Centres and server infrastructure in line with agreed work plans and to agreed service levels.
- 2nd and 3rd line ICT support to end users
- Maintenance, support and development of the 3 main Data Centres and the server infrastructure within those data centres
- Maintenance and support of the underlying and supporting ICT resources required to run an efficient, safe and secure ICT infrastructure. These resources include backup, storage, email services, email archive, anti-virus, DNS, domain controllers, encryption, active directory services, software license management and hardware management
- Contributing to a programme of continual service improvement and replacement in the infrastructure required to support the Data Centres and server infrastructure, in line with on-going requirements and strategies of the organisations supported.
- Availability and Capacity Management and monitoring of the infrastructure to support approximately 6000 users across over 100 sites
- To deliver effective and secure technical support following ITIL best practice principles, with a view to working towards ISO 20000
- Maintenance and support of data centre infrastructure in line with ISO27001, Government and NHS England defined standards.
- Manage and maintain the Data centre infrastructure used by the clients ensuring it is “fit for purpose” for the delivery of IT services to a multi-site, multi-user diverse community
- Experience in Local Government or NHS
- Skills: Windows 2012+, VSphere, Exchange 2016
Rate: Negotiable depending on experience
Duration: 3 - 6 months on going
For more information on this or other positions please in the first instance email your CV to the Midlands Local Government team at email@example.com or call 0121 616 0681 if you would like to have a conversation with us.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.
Please note should this position not be applicable to you and you are currently looking for a new role, Venn Group recruit across the board within the IT sector so send across your updated CV to us.